I have been MIA from my posts over the last week. Tomorrow will mark day 14 for me and I can't wait! I'm not a huge carb eater so that hasn't been a problem for me, but I am ready to choose my own foods and for the occasional piece of sugar free chocolate.
Last Monday I went to JD's class and on my way there started feeling super sick, I never actually started the workout but an hour later I was all shades of green! Yay Stomach flu, I lost 4.6lbs in a day! Gross! All I ate this day was 4 saltines and 2 cans of 7!up
Tuesday I was better but still not ready for normal foods. For breakfast I had 5 saltines and a sprite. For lunch a bowl of couscous, and dinner consisted of another bowl of couscous, a banana and half of a plain bagel. Half way through dinner I turned to my mom and said "I HATE CARBS!" (can you tell I haven't eaten processed carbs since September?)
Wednesday I was back to normal and followed day 12. I only did a short workout to a dance video on tv, but I was feeling better. I had gained back 1.5lbs post flu.
Thursday was good, I got back into bootcamp and it was nice being back. I found during the warm up cardio I was able to go without stopping the entire 5 minutes. It was an arm day and I did notice that my muscles were fatiguing a little prematurely, but that could have been aftermath of the flu. I gained a pound again, but I expected it so I felt good. I went out with my friend but was good and stuck to diet coke, I even went to dicks at 2am and watched my friend eat but waited till I got home before consuming 6 almonds and going to bed.
Friday I woke up feeling great! I got on the scale and was down 2lbs! This was huge for me because I have been stuck between 164 and 167 for the past 2 months! This broke my 20lb barrier and has me down 23lbs since September! Next goal is to break into the 150s! I had lessons all day and after work I had to house sit for Dana (pretty much take care of the dog) I took the dog for a 1/2mile run and then went to dinner with friends. We went to palamino and I was pretty much able to get exactly what was on my menu, I had tuna, broccolini, and a side salad. That Night I went out and it was my friends last night in town, so I gave in and had one jello shot with the group. I woke up the next morning and felt a bit guilty for taking it. It wasnt enough to do anything so it felt like a waste of calories, but at least I know for next time!
Saturday I woke up and took the dog for a run. I came home and made an omelet, but I knew i was not going to be keeping the diet well. Around 3 we went to Pike Place and I got fresh yellow tail and crab meat from one of the local stands. For dinner I had chicken and veggie stirfry from Gourmet Teriyaki.
Sunday was hard because I wasn't at my house and had to go straight to work but I took the dog for a run and then I got some plain yogurt and berries for breakfast. For lunch I went to whole foods and made a salad. Dinner was special because it was my brothers birthday, I gave in and had some brown rice and a little lemon meringue pie minus the crust.
Today I followed the diet pretty much to a tee. I had an omelet for breakfast then I went on a run with my mom, and then I had my protein shake. I had a greek salad from the grocery store and some deli turkey for lunch. For dinner I made chicken stirfry. And because I never got my yogurt in I had half an apple for dessert.
Tomorrow is my last day on the diet,but for now Im down about 4lbs. And feeling good but ready to eat my own choices. I like the idea of the omelet and the salads and i like many of the dinners but Im ready to mix and match and not be as rigid.
No comments:
Post a Comment