Tuesday, February 22, 2011

day 2 ends

Breakfast went great today. Exercise was successful. Met a colleague for lunch and had to adjust. We ate at Bennett's, so easy to choose the cobb salad in place of the chicken stir fry. Dinner went great, and I'm really full again. 

The hardest time of the day is mid-afternoon, and then I realized I was missing that yogurt pre-exercise snack because I eat breakfast before exercise. What a treat! But now it really feels like a lot of food. It made me re-check the calorie and nutrient counts on my software, and it's all correct, just really filling. 

One of my tricks when I get hungry is drinking tea, especially green tea. The research isn't hard and fast here, but there is data that shows that 5 cups of green tea may raise metabolic rate a little bit. So it could be a two-fer: it fills you up AND you may burn a few more calories. Tea is also rich in antioxidants. 

My other go-to is decaf coffee; good decaf coffee. Also high in antioxidants, it still tastes and smells wonderful even if it is decaf. 

Remember that especially on this diet, if you think you're hungry, you are probably thirsty. A higher protein diet can be a little dehydrating. So make sure to drink plenty of fluids. 

Last point: stay off the scale for a week. If you do everything right, and drink like I'm telling you to drink, you might gain weight from having well-hydrated cells. If you have not exercised regularly and refueled well before this, you are also storing more fuel in your muscles. Put both together and your weight may go up, but believe me, your fat will go down by the end of 2 weeks. 

Looking forward to tomorrow...
Susan
Susan M. Kleiner, PhD, RD, FACN, CNS, FISSN


High Performance Nutrition, LLC
7683 SE 27th Street, PMB 167
Mercer Island, WA 98040

p. 206.232.9138
f. 206.236.2188

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment