Friday, February 25, 2011

Katie's First 3 Days

Day 1:

Day one went pretty well, I used the Day 12 menu because I was tired the night before and had the ingredients at home already. I did get hungry around 3 and ate a handful of nuts which helped. I think my problem was that I knew I wasnt working out until 6:30 so I was waiting for my snack, but after 2 hours teaching lessons in the pool lunch and breakfast couldnt hold me until 5. At 5 I made the preworkout smoothy; Im not sure how I feel about berries and coffee together. Dinner was great but salty so after I was finished I found myself jonesing for something sweet. I settled for fruity tea and it helped satisfy the craving a little. I went to bed feeling not quite satisfied, but proud that I made it through the day without cheating and with a good workout.

 

Day 2:

Today I went back to the day 1 menu, breakfast was delicious and my salad for lunch was very satisfying. Due to snow I went home early without a workout but I ate the yogurt snack which was very yummy and a few hours later ate a wonderful dinner. I made tuna steaks as my fish of choice and was really impressed with how filling the salad and asparagus with the tuna were. This meal isnt that different from what I normally eat, but I typically would add in a cup of brown rice or couscous. After dinner I really wanted to get my exercise in so I turned on Exercise tv on ondemand and found Billy Blanks Jr. Dance videos! My friend and I spent a good 45 minutes dancing and laughing, it was a lot of funny made us sweat and was incredibly entertaining. I then made a protein shake with 100% Whey protein chocolate flavor from GNC. I do find that I dont feel as lethargic. The protein shake helped a little bit with my lack of satisfaction. Over all it was a pretty good day both mentally and!

 physically.

 

Day 3:

Im about half way through Day 3 and I decided to do the menu from Day 3 today. So far i wasn't so into breakfast, i guess there is something about an omelet without cheese that doesnt quite do it for me. I then went for a wonderful 4.5 mile walk in the snow. On my way home I stopped at starbucks and treated myself to a skinny caramel machiatto. I figured with everything being sugar free my only calories were from milk so it wasnt too bad. My salad for lunch was delicious and Im about to eat my snack now. For some reason today I am finding myself a little on the irritable side. My mom definitely noticed I was not my typical cheerful self when she called me on the phone this morning. Im not sure if it is the change in diet or perhaps the lack of chocolate! I have found myself peeing an abnormal amount, so water weight should not be an issue! Thats it for now! See everyone tomorrow!

 

Katie

 

 

JD Green

Personal Training Supervisor   |    Stroum Jewish Community Center    |    206-388-1989

Learn more at www.SJCC.org

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment